Call for advice from 10D owners

A friend asked me to take a look at a Canon 10D that shows err99. I did some research to get a better understanding of the issue. Then I tested the 10D in question to find out when and how the err99 occurred. It seems that the error only surfaces when a lens is attached and the camera attempts to make an exposure. The camera will make an exposure with no lens attached. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and simply dedicated their body to adapted non-EOS lenses? Does anyone have a good sense of what this faulty body is worth on the used market?

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that comes to mind is: Does it show the error message when only THAT lens is attached, or when ANY lens is attached? That might help narrow the problem down to being on either the lens side or the body side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article I linked to at the LensRentals website had a quick series of tests. They mentioned trying different lenses and I had errors with all three lenses I tried and my chipped M42 to EOS adapter. They also suggested cleaning the body to lens electrical contacts and that did not help either. Thank you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete